Wednesday, May 04, 2005

JV Conference

Remember a few posts ago when I said I was going to be better about updating more often...
Anyway I have actually been out of town and out of contact for about a week (hence the lack of postings). I spent the last week between Zilina and the Czech Republic. Always fun to be in Zilina and hang out with the Kompas Cafe crew there and I actually had a chance to attend a Sunday service at their new church. It was really neat and a huge encouragement to see a Living Relevant church in Slovakia. So much hope to see that here in Presov too.

Most of the week was spent at the JV Spring Conference in Czech Republic. there were about 165 of us who are serving in various parts of Eastern Europe. It was way cool to hear from others who are doing similar things and to hear of joys and struggles and just have some fun. Really enjoyed my time there and look forward to the next time we all get together!

This week I will spend a lot of time on language learning (hopefully) although I am sitting here wondering how it got to be so late in the day! My house needed some attention after my long absence, and the pile of dirty clothes was a little overwhleming too! Spent yesterday in the cafe working, and hanging out with students. They are all getting anxious for summer to begin and I am praying for many of the ones I have connected with to come to KECY Camp this summer.

We are kicking KECY preparations into high gear and we have a ton to do in a short amount of time. Camp Season is here!!! Our interns arrive in 3 weeks (whoa!) and I am looking forward to a really amazing season of planning and preparation.

that's the latest on me....I will be sending out my monthly update soon as well so be on the lookout for that too!

No comments: