Monday, December 04, 2006

Just an update

I have realized that I put very little info on here about what is actually happening in my life. Partially it's because I saw an advertisement for a book about how to blog well and it was called "No one cares what you had for lunch" or something like that and i didn't want to be one of "those" people. but in honesty if you are reading this, you probably do have some interest in my personal life so i thought i'd just give an update

Things here are fine. I thought about leaving this post with just that comment...thought it might be kind of funny. but I digress. Life is carrying on as normal here. I am working on planning for the future (long term and short term) of our camps ministry. We are sort of at a crossroads with that and it's been a interesting path coming to that crossroad. We have been having so many organizational and philosophical meetings with our staff but it's been good to try and nail some of those things down.

We still have pretty warm weather...considering it's December and I am really thankful it hasn't been as cold as last year so far. I am just now starting to break out the hats and scarfs and heavy coats. Christmas season is here and there are lights and trees and little booths selling Christmas stuff all over the city. It's really beautiful but it seems strange to not have snow. but I am certainly not complaning about that!

One exciting thing is that I am coming to the states for a visit this winter! I will be home December 14th and am looking forward to Christmas with my parents, some good meals, driving a car (no, I still can't drive a stick), seeing good friends, and doing some shopping. I will also be at the Passion 07 conference so if you are there you should look for me! I will have some of my sweet Slovak girls that I love with me and I would love for you all to meet face to face with some of the reasons why I love Slovakia.

I have been working a lot to get ready to be in the states and to start thinking about this summer with camps and youth groups, and interns. It's so crazy to think so far ahead but there are so many details that I have to start thinking about next summer as soon as the current one ends. This weekend I will get to spend some time with some of my old students from Eastern Slovakia and I am looking forward to being with them and hearing about what is going on in their lives.

Not a very exciting update but just wanted to let you know that things are moving along, I am excited to be home for a while, and that I am still wanting to be on the path God has laid out. I am realizing that it's not about him necessarily showing us the final destination but about trusting him to show us one next step at a time. I spent some time this weekend really praying and one thing that God showed me was that it's not up to me. I can get mad at myself for being angry, or selfish, or jealous, or undisciplined, and then i decide I will just try harder to be those things. Which of course doesn't really work. God showed me that it's about him giving me those things...and not in a BAM NOW YOU ARE PATIENT! kind of way, but by giving me what I need in each moment. That it's about saying to God, "ok, I have no ability to be kind in this moment Lord. It's not in me. But you can and so I ask you to give me the patience I need right now". Maybe be a pretty obvious thing but I saw it in a really new way this weekend that was cool to see.

hope all is well for you out there. sorry I haven't been available much on email or here on this blog...sometimes it's just life!

No comments: