Tuesday, February 07, 2006

it's freaking freezing here

I just gotta tell y'all. It's freaking freezing here! I am talking when I walked home last night it was 1 degree out. 1 degree!!! C'mon people that's cold.

Pretty low key around here these days. Just been working and trying to get my apartment increasingly livable. I keep reminding myself that each day that passes I am one day closer to Spring. The snow is beautiful especially since I have never really lived in a cold weather climate. It's so cool so walk around the city all bundled up (I look like that kid from A Christmas Story that can't put his arms down because of his snow suit) and watch the snow fall and hear it crunching under my feet.

I have been working on things for the camps this summer and trying to figure out exactly what I am supposed to be doing in this new job :) I continue to pray for wisdom and grace as we all work through our new roles and figure out the important things for our various projects. Thankful for my team and for the wise people around me.

We are all praying for the status of things within our new church community. We have had some "upheaval" as of late and with this comes confusion, hurt feelings, and uncertainty about the future. God's doing some significant things in this city and the enemy isn't interested in seeing those things happen. If you think about it, please pray for our church and the leadership. We all want to make God famous in this city and pray that He would show us the best way to do that.

No comments: