Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Life in SK

It's still cold here.  I am really looking forward to warmer temperatures and sunny skies.  with tomorrow being the 1st day of March I expect we will have warmer weather soon.  

As for me...I have been trying to work and work and work.  My new job responsibilites are still exciting but with each meeting I realize how much I have to do, how little I know, and how many things are still undefined.  I want to do this job well.  i don't want to fail or be uncertain or let people down so I keep praying for God to guide the process and show me what to do next.  We are planning camps for the current year and we are also developing a new process and strategy for future camps.  There are still many unanswered questions and many decisions to make about the best options and next steps for us.  

On a personal note...I am trying to think of something entertaining or clever or some story and I am totally drawing a blank.  That will be my goal for the week though...a funny story or embarassing international incident.  

We have been watching the olympics a lot here.  Slovakia won it's first winter olympic medal this year which was great.  They got a silver medal in Snowboarding.  We had to endure Slovakia losing to Czech Republic in hockey...it's kind of like Florida and Tennessee a few years ago...no matter how good Tennessee was Florida always psyched them out.  

On my way now to track down a little lunch and then will be back to work.
 

1 comment:

Joshua Longbrake said...

you have become a blogging fiend as of late. impressive.