Sunday, May 14, 2006

Heck yeah


Starbucks!
Originally uploaded by amylawlor.
Sometimes the Lord calls you to do hard things...it's true. And people, this may terrify some of you but when I moved to Slovakia I forgot to mention one frightening fact about my new life here. I am 4 hours from the closest Starbucks! I know, I know, please dry your eyes, put your checkbooks down, it will be ok. Not all of us are cut out to live a life so far from the powerful, delicious, addictive, pleasure of that little green circle.

But, this Friday a little miracle came my way. No it wasn't world peace, or a solution to global warming, or even some type of resolution to ANY of the ridiculous junk happening on Lost this season. The miracle was a simple white cup...filled with Latte Goodness. And it was all mine. Sigh.

Thanks to Kenric for supplying this miracle when Lee Ann and i went to Vienna to pick him up at the airport. Look how much joy you brought me! and Lee Ann.

5 comments:

Lee Ann Barton said...

Love it!!! So true...oh how we miss "the buck".

Anonymous said...

That is awesome. It probably cost a mere 5 dollars as well. I remember paying 7 bucks for a frapuchino in Vienna myself.

You rock Amy

Anonymous said...

I'm glad your website it posting about "Desired College Degrees" these days. And in LESS THAN TWO WEEKS!? That must be a killer education!? And how in the world do those schools get access to your blog!? Weird :).

Anyway, love your thoughts on Starbucks. I have to believe they're going to exist in heaven!?

WANT TO TALK SOON. Will try later on.

LOVE, abbie

Leah said...

Kenric rocks...what a thoughtful thing to hook you two up! Miss you dearly, friend!

Anonymous said...

Now I know why I can't be a missionary full time...I am too addicted to the bucks - your buddy Bec : ) Miss you tons!