Friday, April 15, 2005

Čo maš nový?

Hello out there in blogville. So what's happening here you ask...why haven't there been any posts on this blog lately? I have gotten a little lazy is the honest answer there! As for what's happening...in a word Life. I have been settling in to my new life here. Trying to get in to a routine of some sort but when you don't have to report to the office by 8 am it can be hard to drag yourself out of bed! Mornings are the "me" part of the day...I usually have language or work on things around the house. The cafe doesn't open until 1 and most students are in school until about 2. I am working in the cafe all day on Tuesday and I am there talking to students almost everyday. Been drinking a lot of coffee and trying my hardest to stay out of the ice cream. I have been able to get to know a few students and it's been fun to "try out" my Slovak. It's a little frustrating because I really would like to talk more with them but many of them aren't real confident in their English and my Slovak is still pretty rough. Language learning is going well...it's a tough language but I learn "viac a viac každy deň" (that means more and more every day). My teacher is great and I really really really want to be able to communicate as soon as possible!

So that is pretty much the scoop for now...nothing earthshattering but I am still happy and healthy and learning a lot about God and culture and my own weaknesses.

No comments: