Thursday, June 02, 2005

drawing a blank

so much of me wants to update this thing with funny stuff and be clever and witty and have people post on it and say "you are so funny, i love your blog". then part of me wants to be all spiritual and post deep insightful reflections about life and philosophy and cross-cultural ministry. then part of me really just wants to write and tell anyone who might happen to read this thing that suddenly today i found myself longing for Roswell Road. I was staring out my window and i caught a glimpse of myself on a warm Saturday driving up Roswell Road windows down without any particular place to go. I guess it was a longing for the familiar or something.

these last days have been really hectic. good...but hectic. we are working through some major challeges with camp this summer and we have American interns here with us for the summer. it has been really fun and the 3 Presov interns and 1 new Presov team member are GREAT. it has been pretty much non-stop go go go for about 10 days now and i will admit i am a little wiped out. and on the verge of being cranky.

Today my team is outside of Presov promoting camp. I did not go with them because i needed to do some work for camp but it's giving me the welcome chance to sleep in, have my coffee, have quiet time and breathe for a second. but i was a little stupid about it and managed to schedule meetings with different students from 3 until 8 tonight. one of these days i may actually have a day off where i really have a day off :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

crazy to me how parallel the lies of busyness are. satan will do just about ANYTHING to thwart our true knowledge of God. even if it means stirring cravings for roswell road. amy, i sat in traffic there for thirty minutes today...you don't miss it!!!!

LOVING YOUR HEART RIGHT NOW.