Tuesday, March 07, 2006

unrequited

There are times where I am pretty darn excited to post on this thing.  If I feel like I have something funny or insightful or helpful to share and I wonder/hope that I may have entertained or spoken to someone or something like that.  Some people have a "counter" on their blog...and some even have systems that tell them who logged on to their blog, who is reading it, what country they are in, and other important info.  I don't have one of those...so I honestly have no idea if there are 5 people or 500 people cruising past this thing.  

But I want to extend the invitation to post comments.  Or even just shoot me an email if you have a comment and are reluctant to lose anonymity.  It's great to hear from people...even those who may disagree.  And if you read this and like it or feel like you have something to add I would be glad to hear it.  Or even if we haven't talked in a while and you want to say hi...that's ok too.  

otherwise I will be forced to add a counter to this thing and track my fan base which I am sure will be a huge encouragement.  

PS-I am going to have to ask if anyone is ok with Handkerchiefs anymore.  This is a country of runny noses and "sniffing" is a cultural no no so people are constantly blowing their noses.  And I see countless people honk some nastiness into a piece of cloth and then wad it up and shove it back into their pants.  HELLO!  GROSS!  Why is that ok???  Just thought I'd mention it.  

5 comments:

Beth said...

Amy-
I have been one of your silent readers for a while now. It has been a while since that Labor Day Retreat where we shared a room as strangers, but I am still glad that I get to keep up with how you are doing.

I always wonder who is reading my blog too.

Beth C.

Joshua Longbrake said...

i read your blog.
i leave comments.
i hate hankerchiefs.

Amy Lawlor said...

hooray for all my commenters! i appreciate you guys for saying hi :)

especially matt who is my most consistent responder and should probably be starting a blog of his own any day now

was in meetings all day didn't get to post. hopefully some new insights tomorrow :)

Joshua Longbrake said...

**cackle cackle over the loudspeaker:

"Paging Dan Portnoy, table for lame.

Dan Portnoy, table for lame."

Anonymous said...

I read your blog regularly.

Vikram.