Saturday, March 26, 2005

Good Friday (Velke Piatok)

Been thinking a lot this week about "Easter"...the daily events of Jesus life leading up to events we recognize this weekend. Thursday thinking of Jesus celebrating his final meal with his brothers. What he felt as he heard them confess their love and loyalty to him knowing they would all scatter and deny him. Been thinking of how self-absorbed I would have been if I knew I was heading off to perform the greatest act of love the world had even known and my closest companions could not even stay awake while I prayed. Reading that Jesus said "my soul is overwhelmed with sorrow to the point of death" and not even being able to comprehend that. Hating that my sin was part of the reason why Christ had to suffer, and being overwhelmed myself at times by how much God has given me...given all of us. Jesus overcame death so that we could all live forever connected to him, connected to the Father. This great mercy, this undeserved grace, this amazing mystery and tomorrow we celebrate his resurrection. Without the Sunday morning the rest of the story doesn't mean very much. It's Christ's return that brings us hope. So this weekend I am giving thanks that there is hope, there is more to life than this world has to offer us, we can know God, be loved by God, be satisfied in him completely. Our lives only mean something because He is a part of them. We have a future only because of Him.

I pray you have a wonderful and love filled Easter weekend. I pray that in some way all of us will be reminded of Christ, his death and ultimately his resurrection and be thankful that God loves us enough to give us his very best.

No comments: