Wednesday, March 09, 2005

What's happening

Language...it's so weird to have to start from square one. Literally yesterday I was learning my A, B, Cs (which in Slovak sounds more like Ahh, Buh, Chuh). There are multiple ways to pronounce different letters, and most of the time it's counterintuitive to what I would do in English. But it's really fun to learn new things, and be able to use it and get around better.

I am learning some new language skill through my spin class that I am taking at the gym around the corner from my place. Things like "stryi, tre, dva, hore!" (which is 4, 3, 2, up!) and something that sounds a lot like "full brat" (don't forget to roll your Rs) which I think may have been a secret command for my quads to give out completely.

Had a meeting today about the English lessons we will teach at camp and will have a meeting later today about my involvement at the cafe. Looking forward to finding my place here and being a part of all that God is doing!

Would love to hear from you...thanks so much for your prayers and love!

No comments: