Monday, March 07, 2005

The Weekend

Spent the weekend here in Presov. It was cold and snowed some...they tell me it will warm up soon! Had some friends from Zilina come and visit me on Friday which was nice. Saturday I actually went bowling with the youth group. I think bowling may be a new "sport" for SK...they have these strings at the top of the pins to help reset them. Mike gave a talk later at a youth group meeting on the prophet Micah and afterwards we played some games with the students.

I spent a good part of the weekend continuing to get my house in order. I have new furniture and have been loving making my place, MY place. I am apparently in a new "clean freak" phase (stop laughing...it's true). It is really nice to have a place to come home to that is so comfortable.

This week I plan to study my Slovak (3 lessons a week and 2 hours a day studying), buy a few more things for my flat, have some meetings about camp planning, and spend some time in the cafe.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

amy you are awesome!!!! i am thinking about you and i hope all is well in presov!! love you lots, keep me posted!

Anonymous said...

Hi Amy... We miss you here. Thank you for sharing a part of your adventure with us. Hope you have a great week.

Anonymous said...

it is so good to hear that you are doing well! i'm looking forward to keeping updated on your site :)
you are missed here in the ATL - you are in my mind quite often dear SK Barbie!! *wink*