Friday, March 18, 2005

Pracovnikov s Mladezou

AKA Youth Worker...person who works with youth. This week I am working at a conference for youth workers from all over Slovkia. The group I work with in Zilina puts this conference on every year and it's pretty amazing. I am helping with the chapel they have open for students and leaders to come pray and reflect and react to what God is doing in their lives and hearts. It's been really cool to serve here and see some of the students from Presov and see how excited they are about serving God there. Will post some pictures in a few days of what we had going on here.

Feel like I am losing the ability to write well in English so forgive me if these posts sometimes sound a little strange! Now my Slovak and my English are terrible! I am enjoying studying Slovak. It is a really beautiful language and i am excited about the prospect of actually being able to speak it well some day. it's a hard language to learn but i have caught onto a few things and i have a great language tutor named Maruska.

Have been spending time with a few girls I know from the cafe and have met some new girls that I am looking forward to hanging out with. Such sweet hearts and I really love being able to get to know them better.

would love continued prayer for language, ministry strategy, and the expansion of our team in Presov. thanks for your love and support. Would love to hear from you and to know how I can be praying for you as well!

No comments: