Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Another Campfest moment


we're so hot right now
Originally uploaded by amylawlor.
We were totally jamming out to a "rap" band one night at campfest. Lee Ann, Bekah and I are really good dancers, and this was one of the few acts in English so you can bet we were singing along at the top of our lungs! Lots of funny moments this week including but not limted to our tent blowing into a a barbed wire fence, realizing we have lost all social skills in our brief time in Slovakia, and learning a new Slovak phrase "you have missed your train and will have to wait for the next one". life continues to be an adventure and I am amazed I get to live it!

Headed to Zilina tomorrow and then on a KECY Klub trip to some place I can't pronounce. More than likely I will end up on a hike I am not prepared for.
be back online consistently on Saturday I think...

and by the way I think I have found my sport today...it's called squash. All the things that make my tennis game terrible (i.e. no control, placement, wanting to kill the ball everytime) make my squash game pretty good. I just crushed that little ball...but I am not 100% sure I understood all the rules so I may have actually lost. But it's a good way to vent some frustrations!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amy:

It is really cool to get to read your blog. I am glad you are enjoying yourself. Wish I was with you guys at campfest and during the summer.

Vikram

Anonymous said...

squash. i bet you're great at it. have you ever played raquetball!? you'd be great at that, too.

p.s. did everyone know that AMY IS COMING TO ATLANTA??? i just peed in my pants.