Monday, August 01, 2005

back in the saddle again

hey...remember me? c'mon, you remember me don't you? I am that girl that moved to Slovakia and used to have this blog that I posted stuff on and then I disappeared for like a month. Yeah! I am back!

ok, for real though. Things have been wild and crazy and I am attempting to recover. Going to try and condense things and will send out a long email about the summer for those of you who love my wit and charm (you know who you are wink wink nudge nudge).

life will now return to "normal" for me. back to language lessons, working in the cafe, tutoring in English, and utilizing my patented nod and smile technique so people don't know I have no idea what they are saying.

summer was amazing and challenging and humbling and everything in between. having interns here was a blast (I really miss having them here). KECY was good, but it was different being on the "other" side of things this year and not being with the North Point camp. Serbia was a new and pioneering endeavor that was a huge honor to be a part of. my new roomie Lee Ann and I are in a "nesting" phase right now. lots of cleaning and organizing and laundry and watching movies.

priority one in the near future is to try and process the summer and try to get my spiritual life into a somewhat less cruddy state. as my natural bend I absolutely let busyness and task stuff crowd out my reading/studying/praying/doing anything remotely spiritual. finding myself a bit apathetic and tired these days feeling like I need to dig myself out of a spiritual hole. no fun.

had some "technical difficulties" lately that I really think are more of a spiritual warefare thing than I am willing to admit. airlines lost the new printer I was having brought from the states, iPod crashed and it has to go back to the states, billing issues with my internet provider, critical issues setting up wireless here in my flat which led to me swearing, sweating, locking myself out of my own network with a security setting and finally punching a wall before the afternoon ended. awesome. am easily frustrated these days when things get to be much more difficult than they need to be.

anyone read this deal any more of have I lost you all? promise to do better friends. love and miss y'all like crazy.

No comments: