Thursday, August 04, 2005

rainy day post

it's raining today, which i am ok with. i have spent the last few days mostly in my flat. cleaning, organizing, doing expense reports, catching up on emails, and trying to order my life a bit. also trying to "come down" from the summer and organize the thoughts in my head as much as the files in my nightstand. journal entries that look like an e.e. cummings poem and sound like ramblings from...well, someone who would ramble a lot . thoughts are all over the place and I am having trouble pinning them down. looks a bit like that scene in Karate Kid where Mr. Myagi taught Ralph Machio how to catch flies with chopsticks. I am just plucking things out of thin air these days.

Have been reading some good stuff today...helping me identify this apathy/slump/funk I am in right now. And some other things that are just plain amazing. Will post some of that stuff here too. Thankful for a few days to breathe after camp and living from a backpack for weeks. Thankful for those of you I have actually been able to talk to in the last few days. Hearing the voices of friends and family is more refreshing than I ever realized and God has been so good to bless me with the people in my life.

Our KECY team here has been working so hard to follow up with students from KECY (I also will post some things about KECY and Serbia). Tomorrow we are planning a movie night to spend time with students and Saturday we will travel to "Slovak Paradise" which i have heard a ton about but haven't visited yet. Should be a good day outside and I am looking forward to talking with some of the students I connected with at camp.

No comments: